Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Learning Profile




During Humanities, we have been learning about our learning profiles. We found out our profile by conducting "tests" to see which is your dominant hemisphere in your brain, eye, ear, hand, and leg. I ended up with Profile "L" which means that I am a Gestalt Dominant Learner.

I learn best when I am relaxed. When I'm stressed I tend to not be able to remember things. Also, when I'm processing new things, I need to be alone in a distraction-free environment. Sometimes listening to my own music helps me to concentrate. Along with that, I need to move around a bit during class.

I need to be able to still listen to what people are saying even when I'm under stress instead of just zoning out into my own world.

The strategies that would help me in my learning include learning to manage my time, forcing myself to finish what I start, doing things rather than just seeing and hearing, and comparing the advantages and disadvantages of a choice.

I would like my teachers to know that when I listen to music of my own choice, I have a tendency to concentrate or do my work with more of an ease. Along with that, I find that when someone makes annoying tapping noises, or opens and closes their pencil case zipper, etc. it's very hard for me to concentrate and I tend to get very annoyed and mad or stressed. Following that, if I am thinking about something and suddenly my train of thought
get intercepted, I tend to forget everything I was thinking about.




No comments:

Post a Comment